Saturday 6 November 2021

4th Nov - mostly cloudy, light-mod NNW, 9C

Willey; having heard that good Fieldfare movement west had been reported to the NW and W of me, I was optimistic there would be a noticeable movement over me here.  However, during the morning I did not see any, then at 1320 one flock, c20, flew over westward.

However, whilst watching the skies this morning I also kept an eye on my paddock feed station area, there was just the usual activity with 'common' birds coning in and out.  Then, I noticed a rather 'plump' bird sit atop the tall hedge, where the Greenfinch usually sit.  Looking at it I could see it was a HAWFINCH, a female, it was nibbling something in its bill, then it seemed to fly down to the ground the other side of the hedge.   An unusual record for me here and the county, the last record I had was in the invasion year of  2017, in exactly the same hedge!   

No comments:

Post a Comment