Sunday 2 October 2016

2nd Oct - sunny periods, light SW, 14C

A busy day with little opportunity for observing, however I did see the following this morning.

A black Cat was sitting next to a hedgerow behind the village, seemingly sitting up and staring at it, only a couple of feet away, was a Fox. It looked like a possible youngster from this year, but clearly a bit of a stand-off between the two.  Unfortunately, I was spotted in the truck and the Fox ran off, so I have no idea what would have happened had they continued without my interruption. I have heard it said that Cats will usually see off a Fox, and even chase them, who knows?

Late afternoon a flock of about 20 Chaffinch flew over fields at Theddingworth.

In my brothers orchard there were at least 20 butterflies, Small Tortoiseshell and Red Admirals, feeding on the ripe plums in the sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment