Thursday 2 November 2017

2nd Nov - cloudy, light SW, 13C, a bit dull pm

Willey;  this morning a Kestrel was at the village street-coal pit lane junction, before flying off over the fields.

Rutland Water;  late morning news came that a Cory's Shearwater had been found in the north arm and showing well (I had also heard of a Lesser Yellowlegs not too far from me - and had thought about going to see it), after finishing some jobs the Cory's won and I set off to find it.   I did find it flying out over the reservoir and sometimes settled on the water.  Quite why this turned up today is a puzzle, no storms etc, amazing to see inland.  Others, including Chris Hubbard had made it earlier than me and had close views, Chris managed some photos too.
Cory's Shearwater (C Hubbard)

No comments:

Post a Comment