Thursday 15 November 2018

15th Nov - sunny intervals, light SE, 14C

Stanford reservoir; after lunch a look here, at the inlet river and fields there was at least 14 Little Egrets, 6 Grey Heron, quite a few Cormorant and 1 Great White Egret.






Next I explored the adjacent fields where the Hen Harrier has been seen, after a while I saw a couple Crows seemingly diving at something low, then the Harrier appeared, although distant I had quite good views.  It was heading straight towards me and with the camera ready I had high hopes.  Then a Carrion Crow took a side swipe and it changed direct moving off my line.  Still I was able to get a few distant (a bit murky due to the haze that had formed) photos.




Also, at the reservoir were 7 Red-crested Pochards (4 drakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment