Monday 5 July 2021

5th July - mostly cloudy, 20C, light breeze

Willey; first thing four Ravens, a family, in the Hurls Furlong field trees.

Ullesthorpe; a search here this morning for the Rosy Starling that was found late yesterday, however this mornings searching proved negative, although there was a report when I was not there.  I returned late afternoon for another go, after an hour a call went out that it was found and was sitting on an ariel, and there it was.  After a while it flew to feed in a Cherry tree, then back  atop a conifer.  I managed some record photos, despite the poor light.




A5 Pools-DIRFT;  in the evening I had a look at the pools here, several Lapwing, two Oystercatchers, and two Curlews flew in and had a wash.  I noticed a 'wader' in the far corner which was a Wood Sandpiper.  It as feeding, sometimes in the vegetation, and occasionally having a preen.

No comments:

Post a Comment