Wednesday 13 April 2022

13th April -cloudy am, showers pm, light SSW 15C

Willey;  2010h, I heard Fieldfare calling and looking up high, there was c35 (and a couple of Redwings) flying northward slowly, they then circled back and headed southwards.

Shawell sandpit, highlight this morning was a single Black-tailed Godwit feeding.



Honey Hill, Cold Ashby;  I decided to pop down the road to Northants to see the reported Ring Ouzels, possibly up to 5.  When I arrived a couple of birders had been watching the Ouzels, but two others had started to walk through the field where they were and flushed them - needlessly.   A heavy shower came through and all the other folks left, I sheltered and when it stopped raining I searched, viewing from the path again.  

I spotted a male Wheatear and Blackbirds but no Ouzels.  However, scanning the next area of the field, there they were, in fact SIX Ouzels all out feeding on the field.  Further 5 Wheatear were also feeding on the field.  So, in the end good views were had.  Four males and two Females.  They often disappeared in to the thick boarding hedgerow  for a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment