Wednesday 14 February 2018

14th Feb - cloudy, rain showers, breezy, 4C

Albert Village; a juvenile Black-throated Diver has been present on the lake since Monday, and despite the miserable weather was again reported today so after lunch I went to see it.   At first I could not find it, another birder texted me where it was earlier and fortunately it was in the same area.    I was the furthest point to it, so.after awhile decided to go round to the side it was hoping to get a photo, I checked as I went, still there.  However, when I got to a nearer viewing point it had vanished, I could not find it again.
The weather was horrible really so not much else was around including plenty of Gulls, a single Little Grebe, several Great-Crested Grebes, a Pochard, Tufted Ducks and Mallards. A Oystercatcher was roosting on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment