Wednesday 21 February 2018

21st Feb - cloudy, very light northerly, 7C

Willey;  0730h a Male Pied Wagtail was back on the old pan tile roof singing, waiting for a mate to return from their winter travels.
At. 0800h, John M reported seeing a Barn Owl fly out of an hovel shed across the fields where I recently sited a nest box.  Late morning 2 Grey Wagtails flew over the farmstead areas in the village.

Cotesbach Landfill/quarry; After lunch I went to see what Gulls were around, hoping for white-wingers.  There were several thousand Gulls were present so searching through them was a challenge.  Apart from the Gulls, 6 Red Kite were present flying around the area, sometimes together.

After some scanning through the Gulls I found an adult Iceland Gull sitting on a distant earth bank, unfortunately something flushed them and they all flew up.  Once some had settled down, many leaving, I found another Iceland Gull, a second winter, I managed some record photos of this one.





Soon after I spotted a smart juvenile Glaucous gull, this was closer and I again managed some record photos.







No comments:

Post a Comment