Wednesday 1 September 2021

1st Sept - cloudy, dull at times, light NE, 16C

Well Autumn is upon us, and this dim weather is with us a little longer yet.

Willey; first thing 22 Swallows were feeding low around the Sheep in the Perkins fields area.  We also have two pairs visiting nests, however, I can't see any young peering over the nest rim, so if they are there they must be very small - will see in a few days.

Shawell sandpit; evening.  Similar to yesterday evening, three Green Sandpipers still.  Five Raven flew over my head, low and calling!

A5 Pools/DIRFT; evening.  another nice collection of waders, Redshank 2, Common Sandpiper, Dunlin two, Ringed Plover 2, Curlew and Ruff 1 each.  I had spotted the two Little Stints (one more than last evening and reported this morning), however by the end of my watch I had found THREE little Stints, roosting on an island.

Also, a female Ruddy Shelduck was with the Canada Geese and departed with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment