Tuesday 8 November 2016

8th Nov - Frosty night, sunny, clouding over 4C, light breeze W

The other day I mentioned I heard two Ring-necked Parakeets at Stanford reservoir, well today Chris Hubbard, who lives in the nearby village saw this bird on his feeder this morning.  So, I did not image it.
Ring-necked Parakeet (thanks to Chris Hubbard)
I visited Stanford reservoir this morning, all the usual birds were seen, new birds included a Little Egret flying over and later feeding in the reeds, two male Goosanders in the bay and a Chiffchaff calling in the willows.

I had good views of a Cetti's Warbler as I surveyed the water, feeding in the reeds and then singing nearby.  Plenty of Redwing and Fieldfare were feeding on the bushes or the adjacent fields, one field held 26 Lapwing and four Stock Doves feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment