Saturday 1 October 2022

1st Oct - sunny am, then cloud building, sunny spells, light-mod WSW, 17C

Shawell sandpit/landfill; morning.
Dale found a Little Stint and a Ruff here later afternoon yesterday, so I checked out this morning.  I found the Little Stint (juv) but not the Ruff.  A Common Sandpiper was also present today.

10+ Ravens, two Red Kites, Sven Wigeon, p[lus Shoveler and Teal.


Stanford reservoir; afternoon.
A report of a Rock Pipit at the dam/spillway came in as I was leaving.  The very few seen here have never stayed long, so I was not hoping to see it, however, when I got there it was still present feeding, along with a couple of Meadow Pipits.  It stayed all afternoon, still present when I left at 1645h.








Also seen were two Green Sandpipers, a Red Kite, three Pintails, two roving Tit/Chiffchaff flocks, three Ravens, two Little Egrets, plus usuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment