Saturday 9 June 2018

9th June - High cloud, 18C, light breeze NE

Willey; the Raven family were again in the Ash trees to the West first thing, overlooking Sheep
fields.

Misterton; a early visit here, still looking for Spotted Flycatchers - which I found today, so hopefully there is breeding success.   Also, a Grey Wagtail on the lake outflow weir, plus all the other usual woodland birds found here.

Cotesbach Landfill, Carl had found 2 Sanderling there, when I arrived only one remained, busily feeding.  I spotted one largish bird near the Gulls on the ground in the water -a Curlew.  Nine Red Kites and a few Buzzards were present too.  The usual summer Gulls, plus a 2CY Yellow-legged Gull that Carl picked out.

I returned late afternoon to find a Peregrine hunting, 6 Red Kites still and a Raven too.

Shesrsby; someone I know had told me they had Spotted Flycatcher in their grounds, so I explored here this afternoon.  It wasn’t long before I was watching a Spotted Flycatcher catching food and taking itt, I think to it’s mate from the sounds I could here, maybe on a nest.  Unfortunately, I was in the wrong place for photos, but this shows one that was busy feeding from a gate.



The local Robin didn't want to be left out!




No comments:

Post a Comment