Friday 3 June 2016

3rd June - Cloudy, light Northerly, slightly warmer at 15C max

In the fields to the west of the village this morning a Lesser Whitethroat and Blackcap sang and a Jay flew from the long spinney to the Perkins spinney.

During the afternoon in the same area a Frog was found in the long grass and under some wood logs a fairly large beetle, nearly 2 cm long, quite lethargic though, so I managed a photo with the phone camera.  I'll see if I can find a name for it, probably not got an English one.  If you know what it is let me know.

Overhead three Buzzards were defending their territories and a Yellowhammer called nearby



Late afternoon I visited Shawell lagoons, there was about 100 Lesser black-backed Gulls present, one had a colour ring on which I was able to read.  Awaiting information about its ringing, but I think it is from Denmark, unfortunately this ringer is very slow at responding to finders.  A few Herring and one great black-backed Gull too.

A Cormorant and the usual ducks were on the water, while a couple of Pied Wagtail fed around the edge. A Red- legged Partridge walked along feeding on top of the bank.


No comments:

Post a Comment