Sunday 14 October 2018

14th Oct - rain untill 1500h, cloudy, light northerly, 9C

Brandon Marsh; Yellow-browed Warbler.
I decided to head to Brandon after lunch so I had shelter, but could get out if the rain stopped.  About 1500h the rain did stop so I ventured out of the east marsh hide, soon hearing some Tits in the bushes, then the distinctive repeated call of a YBW.  Luckily it appeared in the bushes right next to me, I was able to watch it for about 3 minutes, before it moved off and able to see the distinguishing features.  How lucky was I to find it?  Fortunately 2 other visitors came along the path and I pointed it out to them.

On the east marsh the usual ducks, plenty of Teal and also present c250 Lapwing and 1 Little Grebe. A Water Rail was heard in the reeds from the Teal hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment