Sunday 7 April 2019

7th April - cloudy, some mist all day, little brighter late afternoon warming to 13C, light NE

Rookery survey; this afternoon I made a start on my annual 10-Km (SP58) Rookery count. I've done this for quite a while now.  Hopefully numbers are good after a mild winter.  I'll summarise when I completed the count.

Brandon Marsh;  I visited here this morning to see the male Pied Flycatcher that was seen yesterday and still present.  I had good views of it, although it was active and didn't manage a good photo, only one obscured by foliage.
Other birds present included several singing Cetti's Warblers, Blackcap, Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff.  Sand martins visiting their nests, and a few Swallows.  A Treecreeper was feeding young in its nest.




No comments:

Post a Comment