Saturday 1 February 2020

1st Feb - sunny spell, mod-gusty SW, 11C

Willey; late morning a Red Kite was over the fields near Muswell Leys entrance.

Cotesbach landfill; Very few Gulls, less than yesterday.  A drake Shelduck was present in the sandpit area (Carl told me here had seen to pairs earlier), otherwise all the usual Duck species, 2 Red Kite.


Evington -Stoughton; I decided after lunch to visit an area which I really do not know, also I was told of the site where  Ring-necked Parakeets can be reliably seen in this area.  I did fine the tree belt where they reside, 5 were present, perched up in the wind on an out branch of a tree hanging over the footpath.  Also, c25 Redwings were feeding on the stubble field along with a few Chaffinch.  A Treecreeper was working along the hedgerow.



Stoughton; along the Gaulby lane c70 Fieldfare were feeding on pasture.


No comments:

Post a Comment