Friday 21 February 2020

21st Feb - mostly cloudy, fresh SW, 9C, feeeling cool

Cotesbach landfill; a check here first thing this afternoon, few Gulls.  Not so many Teal or Shoveler now either, a single female Pochard and 4 Linnets over.

Stanford-on Avon;  The Pink-footed Geese were not found this afternoon, but very fortunately while scanning the field the 'Nordic' Jackdaw came in to view.  This was really lucky, not too far but I was viewing through some brash, still I took some record photos as quickly as I could, which was good as it soon moved off with some Jackdaw.  The silver stripes and black facial markings are quite clear.

It was first reported several days ago, and I have searched several times, with several hundred Jackdaw in the area, feeding on the adjacent non-harvested maize fields.  I had a very brief view the other day, and wasnt expecting to find it again.










No comments:

Post a Comment