Thursday 6 May 2021

6th May - chilly night, cloudy initially, then sunny intervals, light WNW, 13C,

Cotesbach Landfill; a very early look here hoping for waders, but nothing doing.  Just a single Egyptian Goose, Shelduck and Red Kite of note.

Lilbourne Meadows; I visited here late afternoon to see a Temminck's Stint that had been reported.  It was still present and showing well, sometimes feeding.  I didn't have my phone adapter for digiscoping, so went back in the evening.  I managed five photos before if flew off, 1815h, not to be relocated.





Other migrant waders included Dunlin, Ringed Plover and Little Ringed Plover.

DRIFT development site - A5; I then checked the pools here in case the Stint had moved here, it was not found.  However, a Whimbrel dropped in and started feeding.


No comments:

Post a Comment