Thursday 28 April 2016

28th April - Another night frost, sunny morning clouding over and NW wind. increasing, 10C. Wind swing SW late pm, thunderstorm 1900h

Yesterday morning, I wished I had my camera, there were 5 Jackdaws on the back of a heifer, that was lying down, pulling out beaks full of 'winter coat' hair as fast as they could - a great nest lining.

The Mallard duck is still sitting on her nest atop of the bales.

A Heron this morning was hunting around the top pond.  At lunch time the Sparrowhawk made a foray through the village gardens.

In the evening I popped to Shawell lagoons, this was cut sort by a thunderstorm, however I did see a Common Sandpiper, a Little-ringed Plover, 8 Swallows, plus the usual residents and Gulls resting before going off to roost at Draycote reservoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment