Tuesday 14 March 2017

14th March - cloudy morning clearing to sunny spells, light SW breeze/wind, warm 16C

Greenfinches are singing well now, with at least 2 singing from trees around the church area.

During the morning Redwings could be occasionally heard as they flew between the trees along the old dis-used railway, later several Fieldfare were present.

I had a quick look at the Cotesbach field mid-afternoon and I was not disappointed.  I counted 74+ Pied Wagtails feeding on the ground

At another site I found 2 Little-ringed Plovers.  These super little plovers are some of the our first returning summer migrants, in fact this is my earliest Spring date record for their return.

At about 1545h. in the middle of a pasture field, just east of the village, a lone Grey Heron was standing perfectly still, it had probably been visiting the local pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment