Friday 13 April 2018

13th April - cloudy, light SW, 11C

A little improvement in the weather over recent days.
Willey; the single male Swallow over the village late afternoon, others should turn up soon.

Cropston Reservoir; I had a look here at mid-day on the way to a meeting.  I’m pleased I did as I soon discovered a Kittiwake on the water catching insects. I watched it for a while and managed some pretty distant record photos.  There were 7 drake Mandarins and a female showing, otherwise Gadwall, Mallard and Tufted Duck.  A Raven flew over calling.  Nearby a Green Woodpecker called.

Another surprise was a male Goshawk flew out of the firs over the road and along the res edge at the house end, it was quickly pursued by Corvids and returned to the wood.







No comments:

Post a Comment