Monday 14 October 2019

14th Oct- cloudy morning, then steady rain, some heavy pm, 12C, light-mod SE

Stanford reservoir; I popped here this morning for a look around the dam area, nothing much around at all. I then noticed a 'blackbird' drinking at a puddle some distance done the track, but aware that Ring Ouzels are around the Midlands I had a quick look, as it turned I noticed the white on the breast -  a male Ring Ouzel.

It went back in to the hedge and set about eating the berries only briefly in sight.  I waited patiently and after about 15 mins or so it hopped out of the hedge for a quick drink again - some rapid record photos taken.  It remained in the hedge out of sight most of the time, only occasionally coming out.


Cotesbach landfill; a quick look on the way passed, plenty of Gulls and other usual ducks in the sandpit area today.  The water is now very high.  A Green Sandpiper was busy feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment