Friday 20 March 2020

20th March - cloudy, mod NE, 10C but feeling cool

Willey; The day start with (0700h) a Chiffchaff singing in then church lane.  Sometime later a small mixed flock of Redwing and Fieldfare headed over SE.

Shawell Lagoons; a look here first after lunch, a single Snipe showing well, 7 Lapwings on the shore along with a good number of Gulls.  I was able to read one colour ring on an adult Lesser Black-backed Gull, red/black F2CT.
On the bank and waters edge 77 Wigeon were feeding, with a few Teal and Tufted Duck around.  The Great Crested Grebe pair were present, although the Coot may have already spotted their nest to take over.

Cotesbach Landfill; Gull numbers seem to be on the up, hopefully we shall get some late white-wingers found, but not today.

I was sure I heard a Little Ringed Plover among the noisy Gulls and with a bit of searching I found my first of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment