Tuesday 24 November 2020

24th November - sunny spells, light-mod Southerly, 12C

Hinckley; As I had to visit here this morning, I walked through St. Marys to the War memorial area. I noticed that several birds were being attracted to some old Yew trees that were carrying many berries.  A few Redwings, Blackbirds and two Mistle Thrush.  a flock of 25 Greenfinches was also present, sometimes sitting in the Poplars then coming to the Yews.   A couple of Goldcrest also present.

Stanford reservoir;  another check for the Bearded Tit pair, the wind had picked up again, straight through the reed bed.  However, I was rewarded with a very brief view of one flying.  Maybe next time better views.
A good flock of Fieldfares feeding on the berries, maybe 400 and lesser number of Redwing.  Nothing unusual on the water though.
I noted 45 Linnets coming in to roost in the waterside trees/bushes.


No comments:

Post a Comment