Thursday 11 May 2017

11th May - sunny morning, clouding over, humid, 19C, light breeze easterly

During the morning I popped to Stanford reservoir to see if any new waders had arrived overnight.  All the resident birds were present but no new passage waders or Terns. There was a smashing looking Great-black backed Gull in the shallows.

This afternoon I had a quick look around Misterton church area to see if I could find a Spotted Flycatcher, I did not.  Nuthatch, Treecreeper, Bullfinch, Jay and Raven were among some of the birds seen.

It was then to Shawell Lagoons to see if the Whooper Swan was still present, it was, but only 3 Mute Swans with it today.  On the shore 3 Oystercatchers were preening with a few Lesser black backed Gulls.  Behind them walking through the reed stems I noted a Common Sandpiper.

As my replacement holder for the iPhone came today i decided to go back to Stanford reservoir to try it this evening.  In fact it was becoming hazy and the light fading fast but I was able to sort it out and try it on a distant Little-ringed plover, not too bad for first attempt through the scope.





No comments:

Post a Comment