Tuesday 20 June 2017

20th June - cloudy am, brighter and sun om before cloud again. NE breeze feshening. 24C

Willey; I noticed the first fledged Swallows flying in the village today.  I checked one of my shed nests and it has 4 well grown young, I'll have to check the others tomorrow.

Frolesworth Manor lake; I dropped in here this morning for a look.  The Great-crested Grebe pair had 3 well grown young.

Swallow families were flying over the lake and a small number of House Martins were around too, these must breed in the village.  A small number of Linnet and Goldfinch were present, a Skylark was flying over the adjacent field.  A juvenile Buzzard kept calling from the wood by the brook.

Several Dragonfly and Damselfly were present, I took some photos, which I shall add shortly.  Several Blue-tailed Damselfly were present.

Broad Bodied Chaser -



Stanford reservoir;  this evening I had a walk here.  The number of Lapwings definitely higher again with about 80 present.  Also, feeding in the inlet area were 3 Green Sandpipers, already on their return migration southward.

.
 The usual resident birds were seen, many of Warblers are busy feeding young, like this Sedge Warbler.


A 'hopper' landed on my telescope, I managed a quick rear photo with the phone, of a Common Ground Hopper.







No comments:

Post a Comment