Tuesday 27 October 2020

27th October - rain/drizzle most of the day, breezt

WIlley; a checked my feed station late afternoon, not much present.  Three female Chaffinches, male and female Great spotted Woodpeckers, a Coal Tit, Blue and Great Tits and a few House Sparrows.  c15 Fieldfares flew over and four Redwings were feeding on Haws.

Cotesbach Landfill;  two Egyptian Geese still present.

I forgot to mention that yesterday I spotted a Jackdaw that showed characteristics of a 'Nordic Jackdaw', unfortunately it quickly disappeared behind an island not to be seen again.  
 I looked again this morning and again it was feeding in the sandpit area with other Jackdaws.  The weather was awful and it was very active feeding and flying failing to get any photos.

Its interesting how the 'white' collar area and size changed as it moved about depending on the light and how it held head/and neck.

A brighter spell seemed to be forming mid-afternoon so I went back hoping to get a photo.  Fortunately, the bird was still there, but unfortunately the weather quickly deteriorated - wet and dark.  So, the photos I managed are not brilliant, but I have included most as they show the bird in different postures and the collar.










No comments:

Post a Comment