Saturday 31 October 2020

31st October - fresh, gusty strong at time, band of heavy rain/short sharp showers late morning until early afternoon, then sunny spells my feed station this afternoon after the rain. 13C

Cotesbach Landfill; a look before the rain came, despite the wind. As expected most birds were already hunkered down, except the Green Sandpiper feeding in a sheltered bay. Only a single Red Kite was braving the conditions.

Willey;  a check of  my feed station and immediate area this afternoon after the rain had stopped.  I had. been watching a couple of Great Spotted Woodpecker squabbling and at least 30 House Sparrows at the feeders when I noticed what appeared to be a large Blackbird fly along the tall hedge. It just drew my attention and I quickly found I had a 1st winter Ring Ouzel in my sight, it called a couple of times too.  This is only my second record here.


No comments:

Post a Comment