Monday 5 August 2019

3rd Aug - sunny, 24C, light NE

Cley marsh NWT; Although I was there at 0600h I did not see the Pectoral Sandpiper that was reported at 0800h, apparently on Arnolds pool which I did not go too. Fortunately I heard it had re-located on to Simmonds pool and I was able to see it there.  Plenty of Ruff, a couple of Knot, Avocet, Black-tailed Godwits and other expected waders were around. A single Spoonbill dropped in.

                                               
                                              Avocet                               Knot

 Pectoral Sandpiper

Late afternoon I dropped in again and viewed from Bishop's hide, this time a summer plumed Spotted Redshank was on show, plus the Pec Sandpiper and 2 adult Yellow-legged Gulls.

Kelling Water Meadow; early afternoon I had a walk down the lane to the pool. Here a Ruddy Shelduck, several Egyptian Geese, 2 Common Sandpipers and numbers of Lapwing, Rook, Jackdaws and Starlings were noted.



No comments:

Post a Comment