Wednesday 15 May 2019

15th May - sunny, 19C, light Easterly.

Cotesbach Landfill;  Today proved to be a very good day here.  This morning I found a Wood Sandpiper and it was still present in the evening. The other usual birds, Shelduck, Red Kite, etc, were also present, including a single Male Yellow Wagtail.

Distance strong sun and heat simmer made photography almost impossible, but I tried.


In the evening Carl checked  and spotted a female Garganey, my first site record.  I did spot a female duck this morning too that I thought may have been one, but only had distant views with binoculars, when I returned with my scope it was out of sight. So, it was good it was still there to be identified. Also, this evening 3 Ringed Plover were present.



During the afternoon, at another location, I found my 'first of the year' singing Spotted Flycatcher, at a usual site so I am hopeful it will breed.

Stanford reservoir; a short walk here, very quite today, nice flowers though.


No comments:

Post a Comment