Monday 6 May 2019

6th May - high cloud, light NW, 12C

Willey; Lesser Whitethroat singing again this morning to the east.  Mid-day a Kestrel was hovering over a grass field near the Barn brewery.

After lunch I decided to head to Whitehorse Wood where a Wood Warbler had been reported, we don’t get many of these in Leicestershire.  Having some instructions where it had been seen I heard it sing not far away and soon spotted it in the lower canopy of a Silver Birch.  I had good views of it and it sang  intermittently, fortunately the bird wasn’t too active and stayed in the same area.

I then dropped in to Warren Hills as I was near and had not visited yet this year.  Usual birds were seen including Skylark, Meadow Pipits and 35+ Linnets. A Male Wheatear was on the top of a field stone wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment